how to fix smart card not inserted properly Videocon d2h

Let me share an experience with you. I was facing a recurring problem with my d2h set-top box where I would frequently see an error message on my TV screen. To temporarily fix the issue, I would turn off and on the set-top box. I also contacted Videocon d2h's customer care for help.

After verifying my d2h VC number for identification, the customer care executive tried to reinitiate the service multiple times, but the issue persisted. They suggested sending an engineer to fix the problem for a charge of 200 rupees, but I decided to tackle the issue myself.

Since the smart card in the d2h set-top box cannot be seen from outside, I decided to open it up using a screwdriver. Inside, I found a card inserted on the motherboard of the set-top box that resembled an old mobile SIM card and had a similar SIM slot. I hope this information helps someone facing a similar issue.




[IMG: Smart card and slot]

Upon opening the card slot, I noticed that there were instructions written inside. I proceeded to remove the card and clean the dust on the card slot. If any of the pins were sunken, I carefully lifted them up using a needle. Once the cleaning was complete, I reinserted the card into the slot.
After completing the cleaning and reinserting the smart card, I reconnected the set-top box to the TV and turned it on. It took some time to start up, as usual. Since the fix, the set-top box has been working perfectly fine, and I haven't seen the issue reoccur for three months.


Summary:

- Use a screwdriver to open the set-top box cover.
- Locate the smartcard slot on the chipset.
- Push the smartcard slot back to open it, and check for any instructions inside.
- Remove the smartcard and clean the slot. If any of the pins appear sunken, carefully lift them up using a needle.
- Reinsert the smartcard into the slot and close the set-top box cover.
- Reconnect and turn on the set-top box and try playing any paid channel.

Comment below your experience with it


Comments

Post a Comment